After getting back from Mexico on a Saturday night, Andrew's parents visited us the following Thursday through Monday. Andrew's Aunt Polly & Uncle Ed came out from Pennsylvania for the annual Rotary conference that was in SLC this year, & Sue & Maurice decided to come up from New Mexico to visit all of us at once. It was a very fun weekend of catching up. Here is a (dark) picture of all of us:
By the way, we now have the rockingest wagon ever! I will post a pic soon. We upgraded from the umbrellas to a canopy & added a Radio Flyer trailer. We're our own little parade tooling around the neighborhood. Riding in style!The other main excitement around here and source of much angst over the last few months is that we've put our house on the market. I certainly didn't anticipate selling our house quite this soon, but the only constant is change, right? Our main line of thought is that the market has already softened here (after a couple years of good appreciation) & will probably go downhill, as it has in the rest of the country. So, since we anticipate a move in the next year or so anyways, we'd rather bank our equity now than hang onto the house and risk losing a lot of moo-lah. So it may mean an extra move (yuck!) into a rental in the same neighborhood because we really like the neighborhood, or, depending on the job situation, a move back to something we buy in Colorado. We just don't want to own something we don't plan on staying in long-term right now.
Other than that, just lots of playgroups, playdates with Riley & Bailey at the splash pool, an end-of-year fun picnic for MOMS club, interviewing realtors, getting the house ready to sell, etc, etc. Tomorrow we are off to celebrate the 4th in Colorado. Utah's already into the 100's on a regular basis, so I was very excited to see Colorado's forecast in the mid-eighties & upper seventies. Yeah!
Oooh, and I also finally saw An Inconvenient Truth and Shut Up and Sing. Shut Up and Sing is a documentary about the Dixie Chicks and is only available at Blockbuster - I highly recommend it! Unbelievable what these ladies, who are also mothers and wives, have gone through. What sweetness to ultimately be proven right! So I then had to get their latest CD (I already had the previous two) & have been rocking out to it.
2 comments:
My liberal heart swells with pride as I read your political comments....Dad and I must have done something right along the way!!
You just prompted me to BLAST the "Chicks"!
Post a Comment