Monday, April 07, 2008

Weekend recap

We started off with MORE SOCCER! It was fun, but goodness gracious, there was something in the air this weekend - the kids were unbelievably weepy! It was just comical to see all the kids crying along the sidelines. And it wasn't just limited to our team; all of the teams seemed to be afflicted with crying this Saturday. You gotta expect that sometimes with 3 & 4 year olds though - or any age on a bad day.

Later that afternoon, we surprised my friend Maranda with a baby shower. She'll be joining the "Mom of 2 boys club" in May. She was 45 minutes late, so we were all kind of drumming our fingers for a while - part of the risk of having a surprise shower. She said "well if I knew you were throwing me a baby shower, I would've left Home Depot earlier." They were in the midst of a ceiling fan crisis. Oh well, it was a fun afternoon.

Then some friends and their 2-year old daughter came over for dinner Saturday night.

Sunday was a day spent relaxing at home after church. Andrew watched the race and I got to laze on the couch and read. I finished Marley and Me. Such a good book about why we love our dogs - even the ones that drive us crazy (Aspen, anyone? Yes, we love her.) - and why we open our hearts to these creatures even knowing from the outset that with life spans shorter than ours we will eventually have to go through the sadness of their deaths. Andrew is reading the book now...it's made us both laugh out loud almost every other page, and of course I cried too.

Grandma/Mom and Grandpa/Dad joined us for pizza and pinochle Sunday evening, and that's about it. Enjoy your week, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the pics of the boys playing soccer! It reminds me of the Thunderbolts in Longview.... yeah, we were awesome.