Friday, January 02, 2009
Holy cow, what a workout!
Well after spending 2 1/2 hours in bumper-to-bumper traffic, we reached Loveland this morning and took the kids skiing. We just stayed on the bottom part of the hill and worked on snowplows with them.
Holy cow, Andrew and I were both totally sweating working with them, between hunching over to keep their tips right, skiing backwards with them, skiing forwards with them while holding them up between our legs, hauling them back up the hill...a total workout! It got easier after I took my skis and boots back to the truck and returned in my regular snow-boots with a ski-pole to pull the boys back up the hill - a human rope-tow. Worked awesome though! We only needed one adult on skis with the kids. Max went to 2 days of ski school last season, but today was Ben's very first day on skis - look at him go!
Andrew and I got to enjoy a day of grown-up skiing on Wednesday at Keystone (we've had gorgeous weather all week) while the boys spent the day with Grandma, Uncle Jody and Aunt Whitney, but we are excited that the boys are now reaching the ages that they can join us on the hill. Won't be too many years before they start shooshing by us.
It sounds cheesy, but I just kept thinking "this is why we live in Colorado."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like a blast! Glad you guys had fun. I should have been there learning along with the boys!
Post a Comment