Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December

Well, this month we've been treated to musical extravaganzas at churchand at school.And when the little advent tree calendars looked like this
we knew it was time for this. You can see that they were mildly excited. Christmas morning, Max's face appeared at the side of my bed, exclaiming (with the lisp of a six-year-old missing his front teeth), "Mama, I was on the nice list!!"

Other developments...with regards to this new addition, I will just quote Stephen Colbert: "Hello, Sweetness." 55" Sony Bravia. You can see that Andrew wasted no time finding a quality TNT western.

And look how well-behaved our dogs look. Tricky little canines.

Our house has also become the epicenter of some mad jigsaw fun! And after all the fun on Christmas, I got to do some organizing! It brings a smile to my face, just thinking about it. Look at that closetAhhh...and see that drawer? It is big enough to hold the Play-doh kits! I love everything about Play-doh except its mess factor, but it's so much fun that it's worth it. I just had to figure out a suitable way to store those kits and this drawer is the answer! Amen to that.

And the organizing frivolity continued into the basement. And look, it's the playroom floor! Hello floor! Such a zen feeling to have the toys in their places, and to have room to play.

2 comments:

Mama to three said...

I hear you on the organizing! 12/26 I went out for lots of organizing "stuff!" I even put photos and words on the outside of each bin, to ensure that they would FOREVER put the right things in each...ha! Looks like you all had a great Christmas! Love the skiing!!

Jody said...

Isn't the flat-screen TV unbelievable? After we got ours, I sat with a grin on my face for the whole first weekend watching football. It was a life changing event.