His favorite part is that the soccer ball spins.Andrew and I ran our first 5k in the Fans on the Field race. It took us from Mile High through the Pepsi Center and back. Running down the ramp into the Pepsi Center.
The finish line! Oh sweet, blessed finish line.
The long-sleeved t-shirt was a last minute grab because it was really chilly that morning. It's kind of huge and was sort of cape-like by the end. Definitely need to get some long-sleeve t's that aren't gigantic! I'm pretty sure the drag from the shirt was the only thing keeping me from finishing in under 20 minutes. ;)Charging hard for the finish line.
He did it!
He totally showed that finish line who's boss.
Both of us ran the whole thing and finished within our goal times. I wanted to finish in 30 minutes or less and Andrew wanted to finish in 40 minutes or less. We both had a lot of fun and look forward to more 5k's in the future. We've even had some talk about the Bolder Boulder, a 10k, yikes! I used to think the only good reason to run was if I was being chased, but here we are, both running regularly now. Thank you Couch to 5k!
2 comments:
Congrats guys!!! Now I know exactly what you both need for Christmas.......some quick-wick shirts!
Yeah, I have quick-wick tanks and short-sleeved t's, but the seasons are turning and some of these morning temps require long-sleeves & I was a little unprepared. :)
Post a Comment