Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Quick Rewind

While Benjamin's outside playing in the snow, I thought I'd take advantage of the time to do a little bloggy rewind. Yes, I am watching him...through the window. It's much warmer on this side of the glass. :) Oh, that boy makes me smile.

So to hit some of the highlights, we had a great time at Christmas. There was a lot of this. Santa brought the boys The Polar Express train set. (Max is into wearing mismatched PJ's - I don't ask.) The boys wearing some of their new gear. Both of my brothers and their wives flew in for the holidays - yeah! We got to meet this cutie patootie for the first time. Well, Andrew had met her (earlier business trip to Phoenix), but the boys and I hadn't. My middle brother and his wife are snuggling Charlie, but I think they were secretly projecting out to about August when they'll be snuggling their own little peanut because they've got a bun in the oven! They surprised us all with that awesome news Christmas Day.
My mom can't get enough of her grandbabies! Cousin time.
We thought we'd take advantage of having everyone in town at one time and get a big ol' family photo done. I love this one of the boys. Post-holidays, it's just been back to the usual. Both boys wanted to sing in the kids' choir at church (we kind of took the fall semester off), so that's been a new activity for Ben.

We took the boys to see the Harlem Globetrotters a few weeks ago. I think they enjoyed that more than they'd enjoy a real basketball game at this point, what with the fart jokes, players pantsing each other and outrageous shots the guys make. They also got a kick out of seeing Flight Time since we watch The Amazing Race and he's been a contestant on there. (We didn't see Big Easy though - not sure why.)

They are headed to the Monster Jam show this weekend with Andrew and are VERY excited to see the monster trucks.

And we've certainly gotten some pretty intense doses of winter. I'm afraid we may pay for our extremely mild fall for a while. They even canceled school for 2 days due to cold temperatures. I don't remember them ever doing that before; usually school is canceled for lots of snow, not just cold temps. Anyhoo, Ben just came in and is asking for cocoa, so that's it for now from around here.

No comments: