We kicked off May by running the Cherry Creek Sneak, a 5k.
A shorter fun run is offered for kids, but my boys have already gotten wise to the ways of races and their greedy little eyes lit up at the idea of getting a bag full of swag. One only receives swag for completing the full 5k, so they insisted on the longer distance. Luckily, my parents volunteered to pace the 5k with the boys so Andrew and I could still run.
Some of the swag.
At the end of the month, Andrew & I did the Bolder Boulder. A nagging cough combined with cold, snowy crummy weather left me without a lot of training in May. Did I also mention that the Bolder Boulder's a 10k? Having never run further than a 5k and not even running that very often in the weeks leading up to the race, I set the bar very low for the BB, figuring on a lot of walking. Along came the race morning, and in spite of being stuck in a SLOW wave (seriously, strolling the course in jeans while texting? Get in the walkers' wave!), which meant a lot of weaving through other "racers," I ran the entire course in 64 minutes! Andrew turned in a very impressive 69 minutes, with very little walking! It helped that after about the 4th mile, the course was slightly downhill, except for a final hill up into Folsom Field. So we had an awesome morning and I was pleasantly surprised!
I think back to last year when we were doing the Couch to 5K program and I thought I was going to die the first time I had to run 20 minutes without stopping. I still find it a little hard to believe I ran for an hour without stopping. :)
My friend Francie that keeps peer pressuring me into races.
And this turkey also did his fun run fundraiser at school and ran/walked 32 laps - which amounts to 8 miles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment