Sunday, August 27, 2006

This week...

Last night our friends Tom & Krissa & their daughter, Teya, came over for dinner. Tom and Andrew were room-mates in college. Crazy thing, but a week or so ago, our realtor (another frat brother) called to say he thought Tom & Krissa were in Salt Lake now too. I can't tell you how excited we were to hear this news! So we dug out an old phone number we had for them & sure enough, they moved here from Santa Barbara in May because Krissa is going to U. of Utah to get her Physician Assistant master's degree. They live over by the university, so it's about a half-hour away, but who cares? Their daughter is almost exactly Max's age, so it made for an entertaining evening - the two of them alternated between playing tug-of-war with toys and playing nicely together.

Max usually runs into our bed and snuggles after he wakes up in the morning. So this morning we were laying in bed, talking about playing with Teya and said that next time we would probably go play at her house. Max says, "OK, after we get dressed?" Well, probably not quite that soon. I don't know about showing up on their doorstep less than 12 hours after they left our house, but I think it's safe to say that we are soooo stinkin' glad they're in SLC too & look forward to seeing them on a more regular basis.

*Random Utah fact that I learned last night*: the slumber-party-staple Footloose (and yes, I bought it as soon as it came out on DVD) was filmed in Lehi, UT, about 30 minutes from here.

Other stuff: our yard looks great. We laid a lot of weed barrier and spread 4 yards of mulch yesterday. Andrew is currently out getting another load.

And per Becca & Jordan's request, more pics of the boys. Ask and ye shall receive :) . These are from NJ:

And one taken last week of Ben at home:

1 comment:

Whitney Duvall said...

I miss you guys!!! Im super glad though that ya'll have some folks to hang out with. Kiss the boys for me....by the way...Jody had horrible gas all night and was on his usual behavior of sharing it with the masses