Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Stand Corrected

This is going to be a long post...bear with me! So I thought it was a heckuva week when Andrew had the stomach flu. I had no idea what was in store for us. As most of you know, the virus that he had was a particularly nasty little creature that decided that simply making my hubby sick to his stomach wasn't enough; it wanted to attack some more of his body, namely his heart. Andrew spent a weekend in the ICU with myocarditis (don't look it up on the internet, it will scare the pants off you). He then was off work for a week. On Monday, he saw the cardiologist, who is pleased with the progress. The virus weakened Andrew's heart a little, so he has a little less energy & he still has some minor muscle pain from the ordeal, but is otherwise OK - thankfully!! Hopefully he'll eventually have a full recovery. He's on heart medications & will continue to follow up with the cardiologist. The good news is his back doesn't hurt anymore. Thank you all for your calls, e-mails, thoughts & prayers. They mean a lot to us!

The contractors continue to make awesome progress in our basement. Yesterday Ben napped through jackhammering & a smoke alarm being set off by their soldering. Amazing.

The boys & I have been on our own this week because Andrew flew to Dallas Monday night for the second (and final) part of his training for his job here. He returns tonight.

Here are some pics from Tuesday, when I took the boys to Red Butte Garden (SLC's botanic gardens). They currently have a dinosaur exhibition going on, so Max enjoyed finding the dinos peeking out of the plants. Ben just rode along in the wagon (I don't mean to be a bad Mom & not have any pics of Ben at the gardens). I'll include a picture of Ben on his 11-month b-day so you can see him too. We enjoyed gorgeous weather at the botanic gardens, yesterday it snowed, and now it's warming up again.

And one of my thoughts for the week: Rush Limbaugh is just a rotten excuse for a human being.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! He should be shot in the face! Ok, maybe that's a little extreme...but seriously, how arrogant is he to say that somebody with Parkinson's is faking it?

Anonymous said...

I can't decide what's worse, the Rush Limbaugh deal or the Republicans trying to blame the Democrats for playing politics with the Mark Foley scandal. He is a disgusting human too! Maybe the Democrats wouldn't have had an issue to play politics with if he wasn't such a pervert! Gosh, I miss my "venting about politics" sessions with my sister.

Whitney Duvall said...

There are just certain people in this world that are truly just a waste of space and just like the sound of there own voice....to bad we have to be subjected to the opinion of that idiot!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you see MJ Fox's interview w/Katie Couric? If not, you can go to cbsnews.com & click on a link for it. It moves me to tears to see the struggle and honesty of MJ Fox. And it makes me so angry that people are against stem cell research. These cells are going in the garbage otherwise! Why not use them to improve peoples' lives? And then at the end, Katie has to issue a disclaimer that her dad has Parkinson's & she's contributed to Fox's fund. How insulting...but you know the other side would totally jump all over her if she didn't disclose that. Like it's a big secret or a big conspiracy that colors her reporting.

And regarding the Foley thing. Here in UT, the esteemed Orrin Hatch said the Republicans didn't do anything because they didn't want to appear homophobic. Wait, didn't Hatch sponsor the anti-gay-marriage amendment?

Yes, I miss the political venting too, brother.

Anonymous said...

I will add to the "I miss our political venting sessions". Mom is here now and it feels like we are playing catch up. We just sat on the couch for an hour this morning drinking coffee and talking about everything from gay marriage, to Barrack Obama to the aforementioned CAPTAIN IDIOT Rush Limbaugh. It must be in our genes as Duvalls.... I seriously have rarely felt rage the way I did when I saw the comments made by Rush Limbaugh about MJF. And to have the gall to imitate a guy who is struggling with a clinically diagnosed neurological disorder... give me a break. He just moved to the top of my hypothetical "if you could off one person and not suffer any consequences" list.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. Between him and Marilyn Musgrave's sad excuse for a campaign, exploiting Iraqi war vets who have no clue during one of the deadliest months... We need the Dems to take over! And Nancy Pelosi as speaker!

Oh- this is Whitney's friend Keelee!