Thursday, October 12, 2006

What a week...

...and it's only Thursday. I can't believe I last blogged Monday - it seems like much longer ago than that. Tuesday night about 11:00, Andrew got sick. Unmentionables violently shot out of all openings in his body until Wednesday afternoon. Today he started easing back into food and life. When someone in the family gets sick, it seems like the world just halts and the days drag by. Max also had a pretty good cough Wednesday & Ben was still fighting a runny nose (translation, everyone was sick except Mom). We all seem to be getting back to normal today & I am crawling out from under the mountain of "sick laundry". Thank goodness!! And the boys & I seem to have dodged whatever Andrew had, whether it was a bug or something he ate. Double yeah for that. You take good health for granted until it goes on hiatus for a few days.

I took the boys to the pumpkin patch today. What a fun afternoon! We'll probably carve them tomorrow.

We also decided this week that we're going to finish the basement. I know, I know, I've preached it myself: you lose money when you finish a basement. However, Utah has its own set of rules. After talking to our realtor and some of Andrew's co-workers, it seems that having a 5 bed, 4 bath house in Utah actually is more valuable than a 4 bed, 3 bath house, so a basement finish here is not such a loser. Plus, we'd love love love the extra space for a toy room & guest suite. So we have a contractor all lined up. Should be done around Dec 1 (so hopefully by next summer in contractor-time :) ).

That's it for now.

No comments: