Saturday, January 27, 2007
Solving Another Dilemma
We also were going to have a chandelier installed in the dining room. The contractor said "no problem" when I asked if it would be possible. However, upon actually talking to the contractor's electrician, it sounded like there would be lot of cutting into sheetrock and patching involved. We were nervous about the patching because it seems like you can almost always tell there's a patch; it never blends in totally. So we decided to nix the chandelier and go with lamps instead. All of the outlets in the room are "top is hot, bottom is not," so they all flip on with the flip of a single wall-switch, which is kind of nice. An added bonus, we can take the lamps with us the next time we move. :) So here are the lamps - we thought they were actually pretty cool. I was pleasantly surprised at the options available when I was lamp shopping. Imagine them one day with some decor on them (or bric-a-brac, as Whitney says :) ), but with 2 toddlers, they are minimalist for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment