We finished landscaping! The last wheelbarrows of wood-chips have been hauled and spread!! Max has been the most diligent little helper with his little John Deere wheelbarrow. He insists on shoveling and hauling loads with Mom and Dad.
Sunday, we surprised Andrew with breakfast in bed for his birthday, which is this Tuesday. Of course, he started coming downstairs while I was scrambling eggs, and I had to order him back upstairs, and then Max almost started crying because he couldn't understand why I sent Dad back to bed. "Does he need to sleep some more Mama?" Anyways, Andrew was surprised and pleased with the attention. He is also enjoying his new fancy birthday watch.
Then we headed off to church, did naps, and then went to Cabela's. On the way to the highway, there's this rambling compound that Andrew had told me about. He asked about it at work, and they told him, "oh yeah, that's the polygamists." What?!?!? His coworkers also told him that if you hit Costco about 5:00 on Saturday, you'll see the polygs. I'm tempted to stalk the aisles of Costco with my camera in hand, but you know what a zoo Costco is on a Saturday...So anyways, on our way to Cabela's yesterday, I paid close attention to the compound. It's all very nicely landscaped with a baseball field and playground equipment, a nicely maintained LARGE brick building with numerous front doors. I want to stake them out, see if they're polygs in pioneer clothing or regular clothing. Apparently there are polygs that dress both ways. Ahhh, Utah...
But we had a fun visit to Cabela's. Fun place to visit most anytime, but especially on a rainy day. The boys of course loved the aquarium, the stuffed animals (not cuddly stuffed, but dead stuffed), and it's fun to wander through every camping accessory you could ever imagine. I was hoping to get Max some Carhartt's, but I was very surprised that they didn't carry any Carhartt's in kids' sizes. (I bet Big R has kids' sizes!)
And what better way to cap off a fun weekend than with a Nuggets victory?? Go Nuggets!! And we finally get to watch them because Altitude is blacked out here during Nuggets' games since we're in "Jazz territory," and I refuse to pay for the League Pass crap they try and force you to buy.
This morning, we hit the Children's Museum. Oh my goodness, it was really nicely done, and the boys had so much fun! Here are some pics:
3 comments:
Congrats on finishing the landscaping project. It has come a LONG WAY from when it was just dirt and rocks.
Looks like a great experience for the boys.
Happy Birthday Andrew!!
We'll try to hit Big R for kid's Carhartts.
Oh Dad, I wasn't trying to hint that you guys hit Big R! I was just saying that Cabela's didn't have what I wanted, but I bet little ol' Big R in the metropolis of Elizabeth probably had it! :)
Happy Birthday a little belated, Andrew.
Lloyd is headed to his 50th college reunion in MO. Guess he is not too old the Jeep at Moab. He survived a rollover with a friend March 26. The doc congratulated him for being smarter tnan the driver. Won't bore you with those details.
Post a Comment