Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Where to start?

I don't even know where to start since the last post. We've just been busy doing all those things you do when you move. And when we haven't been busy, we've been tired, so blogging just hasn't been super high on the list of things to do - sorry :). But we are doing fine in Parker.

Random tidbits:

We are have joined the Rockies bandwagon & are loving it! Post-season baseball in Colorado? Awesome!

I've connected with the local MOMS chapter & gone to a couple of their events. We met some really nice, down-to-earth people in our SLC MOMS chapter & were anxious to get started here because of all the fun activities & playgroups.

I've repainted the boys' rooms from pink with purple flowers (Max's) and lavender (Ben's) to bippidi-boppidi-blue for both. The Red Sox-painted guest room will have to wait a little while (it's going to take a lot of primer to cover that one up), but at least I got the boys' rooms repainted & put together.

We're pretty much unpacked except for wall hangings. Our "homeless shelter" is shrinking. This is what I call our living room/dining room area because it's where all the stuff is sitting that still needs a home in the new house.

And Max started preschool this morning! What a big boy! The preschool at our church had a wait-list, but I was able to get him in right away at another one in town that a couple other moms in the MOMS club used & recommended. Max did fine when we dropped him off, but Ben sobbed for about 5 minutes in the car, just saying "Max, Max." Poor little guy missed his big brother...Here's Max, all ready for school: And here are some pics from last week when Grandma Jill & the boys baked some Halloween cookies:
(Don't you love their Thomas aprons?)

1 comment:

Harried Mom said...

We miss you guys terribly, but it sounds like you are settling in nicely! I can't wait to hear what Max thinks about preschool!

Tiffany