We had a fun-filled Thanksgiving day at Jody & Whitney's. Thanks guys for hosting! Whitney has some pics from the day on her blog.
Friday, we went to Maggiano's for a delicious dinner with Lloyd & Barbara & their cousins (which I guess makes them our cousins too since Barbara is Andrew's 2nd cousin) from Missouri that came for Turkey day. Max & Ben were fantastic through a 5-course dinner that lasted nearly 2 hours.
And Friday morning and afternoon we decorated the inside of the house for Christmas. The tree has been decorated and redecorated about a dozen times already. I keep finding ornaments in the most random places. I'm getting pretty proficient at identifying tree decorations from their sound - example: "Oh there goes Ben dragging the string of shiny red beads through the kitchen again." I'm sure the tree will continue to be redecorated many more times. It's really a work in progress :).
And as Jody aptly described the game Friday, "who cares versus who cares," you're welcome Sonny Lubick for WYO giving you a parting gift of yet another Border War victory.
Friday, we went to Maggiano's for a delicious dinner with Lloyd & Barbara & their cousins (which I guess makes them our cousins too since Barbara is Andrew's 2nd cousin) from Missouri that came for Turkey day. Max & Ben were fantastic through a 5-course dinner that lasted nearly 2 hours.
And Friday morning and afternoon we decorated the inside of the house for Christmas. The tree has been decorated and redecorated about a dozen times already. I keep finding ornaments in the most random places. I'm getting pretty proficient at identifying tree decorations from their sound - example: "Oh there goes Ben dragging the string of shiny red beads through the kitchen again." I'm sure the tree will continue to be redecorated many more times. It's really a work in progress :).
6 comments:
So, when are you going to take a picture of the work in progress? Any thoughts of gating the tree off or placing it in a portacrib? I'm at a loss as to how much protection one needs with a tree when they have toddlers. Last year Christmas fell literally during our move so we didn't have a tree and the two previous years childbirth took precedence over a tree so we haven't had this dilemma as yet. Any suggestions?
I don't care if they redecorate it. I think it's just part of having kids. I just remind them not to pull on the tree. But we're not fancy - I've known other moms who put theirs in pak-n-plays, but it just doesn't bother me if they redecorate.
I'll take a pic of the tree after it gets dark so you can see the lights better.
So uhhhh... why do you guys have a Star of David on top of your tree?
I think the tree looks great. The dilemma has been more along the lines of what ornaments to buy that are more kid proof rather than the redecorating. I grew up with my parents beautiful tree and ornaments handmade by my mom. I got out ours yesterday and realized that the 15 ornaments we own will not cover even a four foot tree. I know we could buy inexpensive glass balls but I fear the breakage. I think I'll get to work this afternoon on some small wool ornaments I can make pretty fast and will be harmless if the kids mess with them. Thanks for sharing Jess, talk to you soon I hope.
Tiff, definitely use ornaments that if they break, it'll be OK & put special ornaments up high.
And Jordan, Shalom.
Post a Comment