Sunday, November 25, 2007

Meet the Griswolds

The past three Saturday mornings, I have opened Ben's curtains somewhere between 7:00 and 7:30, only to see Clark Griswold across the street already on his roof, working on his holiday extravaganza. Here's the breakdown:
6 deer
2 polar bears
2 blue Christmas trees
7 Santas
1 carousel
1 North Pole sign
1 tin soldier
1 snow globe
1 penguin on an igloo
1 Frosty the Snowman
1 chimney with an elf peeking out

That's 24 pieces of lawn decor. (And yes, I stood in Ben's darkened bedroom window last night and counted, why do you ask?)

Just the way I like my holidays, simple and understated.

3 comments:

Harried Mom said...

Yikes, we just watched deck the halls yesterday and that is very reminiscent of the film. A couple of the houses here in Daybreak are starting to become quite overstated as well!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say.... God bless America.

Anonymous said...

That's hilereous!!! Our homeowners association has rules thank god!