Last weekend we flew to PA for Mike (Andrew's brother) and Caitlin's wedding. Both of the boys were junior groomsmen. The whole trip, they were a little sleep deprived (getting up earlier on eastern time and getting short to no naps), so on the day of the wedding, we wanted to make sure they got an opportunity for a good nap so as to minimize the likelihood of terrorist-like behavior at the wedding. Well, you know what happens to the best-laid plans. On the day of the wedding, the boys bounced off the walls of the hotel room for about 3 hours, getting absolutely zero nap. By the time the wedding rolled around, Ben was just downright surly. When the florist pinned his boutonniere on, he immediately ripped the head off the rose and threw it on the ground. Ahhh well, we did the best we could. Max hung in there fine and was brave enough to walk down the aisle like he was supposed to. Ben and I just hung out at the back of the courtyard. I consider it a victory that he didn't scream or cry during the ceremony. (You'll notice in some of the pictures that we had to put Ben in his more comfy tennies as soon as the ceremony was over.) The wedding was lovely - held at Washington Crossing Historic Inn right along the Delaware River. The weather was as perfect as we've had back there...mid-seventies, sunny, and low humidity.
The boys were excellent little travellers - now we are home and I think the boys have been catching up on their sleep all week...they're taking loooooong naps (which is why I'm blogging right now :) ).
Other tidbits:
We got our sod rolled out and are nursing it along with lots of water on our little backyard project.
We're headed to Mt. Rushmore for the 4th of July! We reserved a camp-site at one of the KOAs there that has a water-park and all kinds of fun stuff. We decided it'd be tons of fun to buy a pop-up tent trailer. Some of my most vivid memories ("I'll run the heater just enough to take the chill off;" that awesome thunderstorm in the middle of the night camping in Corpus Christi; being a bonafide Jr. Park Ranger at Custer State Park) are from camping trips and I can't wait to take my own kids! So we've been researching and shopping pop-ups - probably going to buy one this weekend.
And here are some other pics from earlier this month:
1 comment:
The wedding looks like it was beautiful and fun for everyone, even when tired! Bailey and I were sitting here looking at that pool with envy. I too love camping and hope you find a wonderful trailer, one of these days I am going to get Brian to agree to an overnight at a campground with Osama and the Jackal. We are officially headed your way on a house hunting excursion ont he June 18th, hope to get in touch and meet somewhere for a meal, if you've any interest in looking at houses just say the word and I'll drag you along...! Tiff
Post a Comment