Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Love the peanut gallery too!

So my friend Erin wrote a post that inspired me to jot a few things down too.

Last week, Max picked out the shirt he's wearing in the picture below in the post about our picnic in January. As he picked it out, he said "The last time I wore this shirt, Emily said 'hi' to me."

So sweet and innocent, not a girlfriend thing, he's just so sensitive and aware of friendships.

Then when I picked him up from school, he asked again "Mom, do you like what I'm wearing?"

"Of course, little buddy, you look handsome."

And then he goes "I'm just thrilled with my style."

What?!?!

And always the little teacher, he asked Ben, "Ben do you know what 'thrilled' means? It means I'm very happy."

Me too.

2 comments:

Mama to three said...

haha! The things that come out of their mouths are just too funny! I honestly don't know where some of it comes from! What fun! How blessed we are to hear their thoughts and "funnies!" I love the shirt story!!

Whitney Duvall said...

Jody says that every time he looks in the mirror....must run in the family