Thursday, February 26, 2009

So Sad...

I am so sad that tomorrow will be the final edition of the Rocky Mountain News. I feel for everyone losing their jobs at the paper and I will definitely miss my Rocky every morning. This paragraph in particular stood out:

In the past decade, the Rocky has won four Pulitzer Prizes, more than all but a handful of American papers. Its sports section was named one of the 10 best in the nation this week. Its business section was cited by the Society of American Business Editors and Writers as one of the best in the country last year. And its photo staff is regularly listed among the best in the nation when the top 10 photo newspapers are judged.

Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad to see it go. I remember getting up early when we lived in Southpark and bagging newspapers with dad, loading up the wagon, and hitting the road early to deliver the Rocky Mountain News. What a piece of history Denver is losing.