We decided to build two raised beds for our veggies this year, and we tackled this project this afternoon. We moved wood chips and rocks, constructed the frames, filled 'em up with peat, compost and dirt, and planted away. Max was seriously the hardest little worker; I kept telling him that anytime he wanted, he could go play, but he just kept working away. I've been reading about square foot gardening,
so we used a lot of those ideas in our little plots. Now grow, little plants grow! We planted zucchini and cukes in the larger squares and beans in the little ones in this bed along our walkway.
The boys and Andrew planting more beans. 

We're going to add another tomato, an eggplant and a pepper to this plot. I've never planted so many from seeds as opposed to from little starter plants...we'll see how it goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment