Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feeling loved...

I had the most wonderful evening with my favorite guys and my parents celebrating my birthday last night. There has been a lot of whispering around our household the last few weeks as the boys and Andrew planned "Mama's birthday." I told Andrew that I think this was the first time in 15 years he's gotten me a birthday cake. He came clean and admitted that it was Max who insisted on getting me a cake and the boys picked it out together...so sweet!

Mom and Dad took us to Chang's...my favorite! Max has been asking to go to the "restaurant with the horse statue" for a few weeks now and was so excited that's where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner. We had the usual delicious fare (crab cheese wontons, Chang's spicy chicken, Mongolian beef, and sweet and sour pork), but also got crazy and tried their fried green beans, dumplings and shrimp in lobster sauce for the first time. The new (to us) dishes were fabulous!

I was so impressed with the main gift Andrew got me this year. When Max was born, he gave me a set of diamond stud earrings, but I lost one of the studs on Max's birthday last November. So he found the remaining stud in my jewelry box, took it into a jeweler and had it matched, so now I have a new set of studs to wear, and one of them is the original one he gave me when our first baby was born...awww, love it!

1 comment:

Mama to three said...

so sweet!!! Glad you had such a great birthday!