Thursday, December 16, 2010

Getting Our Holiday On

Tuesday, I made 4 dozen of these little gems. I'm sure I'll be making more next week, but this is a start! :)

Tuesday evening we met up with some friends to tour the lights at the Wildlife Experience. Max felt the need to look frightened in front of the polar bear and dive like a dolphin, but I managed to snap this one before he crooked his arm over his head like a candy cane. The kids wrote letters to Santa, mailed them, and visited Santa's reindeer. They also had Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas running every 45 minutes on the IMAX, so we watched that on the BIG screen.

Today we toured Hammond's Candy Factory with my mom. System overload. Watching the workers do their thing.

Then we grabbed lunch and headed to the Governor's Mansion. The real attraction for the kids was in the Carriage House: Legos! Lego village with running trains. (Max is tooting the train horn.) Totally amazing Lego renderings of local landmarks, such as the Governor's Mansion and the Denver Public Library. Great holiday activities!

No comments: