Sunday, October 21, 2007

Brotherly Love

Our church has a paging system. When you drop off your kids in the nursery, you are given a pager that will buzz if you need to retrieve your child. This morning we got buzzed for the first time that either of our boys have been in the nursery. Andrew went to the nursery, to find Benjamin red-eyed and sobbing.

The nursery ladies asked "Who's Matt? He keeps asking for Matt."

Andrew responded, "Ohhhhhh, that would be Max."

"So who's Max?"

"His brother. He's in Sunday school."

So poor Ben was utterly inconsolable at being separated from his brother this morning. I thought that was kind of sweet. I don't know what it says about us as parents that he doesn't cry "mama" or "dada," but at least he misses his brother! :) Anyways, Andrew got him calmed down and he was able to last in the nursery until the end of the service.

1 comment:

Harried Mom said...

That is so incredibly sweet. Riley hates it when I try to take his "Whaley" away from him. We're also finding attachments are stronger with him right now. I wonder if it is an age thing? We miss you guys but love to log in and see new pictures and hear tidbits of your lives. Tiff