Monday, February 11, 2008

Catching up...

Well, it seems as if we're either too busy or too tired or I have too much to say or I have nothing to say, so I haven't posted much lately.

Here's a quick recap, I guess:

Andrew had another week in Detroit for training, so it was just me and the men on the homefront this week. He flew out on Superbowl Sunday, but he caught the first and fourth quarters of the game. The fourth quarter was really the best...what an exciting game!! Even if you didn't really care who won, like me, it was a phenomenally entertaining end to the game! On the homefront, we had the usual...preschool, playgroup, and our Lenten study group (we're studying The Jesus Priorities, 8 Essential Habits by Christopher Maricle) started Wednesday night. Our usual playgroup was livened up (not so sure on the word choice here) by one of the kids barfing (not mine). That particular day, we met at Chick-fil-a because it's been so cold and they have a great indoor playground there, (plus on Tuesday nights, they give you two free kids' meals with each adult combo - what a deal!), so it was a humiliating, barf-in-public episode for our friend. Anyways, Andrew returned home late Friday night, and then Max was sick Saturday & a little Sunday morning. By late morning Sunday, he was back to his normal self...thank God for 24-hour bugs. He had a fever around a hundred, no energy and he threw up three times. Thankfully, not that bad, but no fun just the same.

Here are the boys this morning decorating boxes for valentines. They're mastering the cheesy little kid "smile." Mr. "I-do-it"-Ben lodged a formal complaint filled with tears and drama when it was time to hand over the glue-stick. Guess that's his way of saying "thanks Mom, that was a fun project."

Also, look at the fun silverware they got from Grandma Jill & Grandpa Jim for Valentine's Day. Like the fork-lift? Grandma and Grandpa brought them over, along with delicious fajitas and red velvet cupcakes last night, since they're going out of town on Thursday.

What else? Hmmm, I read Coal Miner's Daughter by Loretta Lynn last week. Talk about pure country...married at 13, 4 babies by 18...what a life!

I also love following the political races going on. They had this thing where they matched people up that pledged the same amount of money on the Obama campaign. I actually made my first monetary contribution to a political campaign & I received an e-mail shortly thereafter with my match...a teacher that teaches at the high school Barack attended - kind of neat.

OK, I'm back. The doorbell just rang and I had to pay the girl scouts for our cookies...yeah! Gotta go!

4 comments:

Harried Mom said...

I love the utensils! sounds like you've been pretty busy since our last phone call. We think we are coming into Denver again at Easter but won't know for sure until the end of the week. I'll keep you posted!

Whitney Duvall said...

So I was wondering if we could come over on Sat. and eat some of your girl scout cookies?....no really we want to come visit....let me know if you all will be around!

Anonymous said...

I made my first political contribution this year too! So exciting.... Go Betsey Markey!!! I don't know much about her but I would pay anything if somebody will please beat Marilyn Musgrave.

Unknown said...

Just curious as to where you are using the book you mentioned, "The Jesus Priorities."

As the author, I am always interested in finding out which churches are using it, and getting feedback from readers.

Blessings,

Christopher Maricle
thejesuspriorities@gmail.com