

Holding onto the kids tightly - look at those little walls! We had two rules: stay back from the edge and hold a hand.
The boys with their stuffed mule souvenirs, which were a big hit. 
On the train ride back to the campsite, we were held up!
Robbers!
The sheriff:
Sunday we moved campsites and camped in Grand Canyon National Park - a beautiful wooded campsite (with flush toilets and running water - nice!). I've become a big fan of national and state park camping facilities; they're usually pretty darn nice!
Check out our campsite visitors! 
We were just packing up Monday morning when we looked up and saw these three. Notice how their size compares to the industrial sized dumpsters and cars in the background.
Amazing!! We had perfect weather in the mid-seventies in Arizona. If you haven't been to the Grand Canyon, I highly recommend it. I'm sure we'll go back because we only saw a tiny portion of it - it is mind-boggling how huge it is!Monday, we drove to Moab and set up camp there. Tuesday morning, we visited Arches National Park.
Balanced Rock.
Double Arch.
The Delicate Arch, aka Cowboy's Chaps.
One smiley boy and one not-so-smiley boy.
Andrew and I visited Arches and Canyonlands 10 years ago on a camping trip for our first anniversary. I have to say, Moab was much the same both trips. Hot. Dusty. Windy. Andrew's allergies started going crazy in Moab. So after wearing everyone out hiking around Arches in the morning,
we opted not to go to Canyonlands this trip, especially having just been to the Grand Canyon, and drove home one day earlier than planned. Moab to home is only about 6 hours, so leaving early afternoon got us home about bedtime - perfect! A very nice trip, all in all.
No comments:
Post a Comment