Monday, September 28, 2009

Mama likes a bargain

They just had a big ol' consignment sale in Parker and I scored some good stuff. Along with 3 bags of clothes, I scored a couple of fun toys! I have great memories of loving and playing with Mousetrap at my Grandma and Grandpa Duvall's house. The boys have already played with it for hours. I was impressed that after I assembled it for them once that they could reassemble it by themselves and patiently finesse the contraption when it doesn't work perfectly. And then the other great-toy-for-a-rainy-day is this Crayon maker. You put all the little broken crayons in it, wait about 20 minutes to let the crayons melt (although they're not too melty yet in this pic), tip the little tray, and the melted crayons go into molds of different shapes, so you make new crayons of different shapes, like trucks, crocodiles, etc. Awesome!

1 comment:

Mama to three said...

VERY cool!!! I love checkin' up on you guys via "stalking your blog!" I can't believe how big they both are getting! Sure sounds like you're all having tons of fun! Happy Fall!