Attention, the Shiers now have a laptop for our family computer. Let that sink in a moment.
Ahhhhhh.
Yes, I am typing from my kitchen...how cool!!! Our 5-year old computer had a broken CD-RW drive, needed more memory and sounded like a small diesel engine when we fired it up. It was time. Plus, Andrew's new job has him working out of our home office when he's not on the road & we found ourselves tripping over each other from time to time.
So I've been setting up the new computer (remember, first laptop (for me, Andrew's used one for work for years), just using the little screen & buttons instead of a mouse took a little practice), & I am now working on tranferring stuff from the old computer to the new one so we can do away with the old one altogether.
This is a slow process for me.
After some trial and error, I got the music figured out. I thought I had the iTunes figured out - I'd just set my iPod to manual mode & transfer away. (I got a cute little purple shuffle for my birthday, which just clips on and replaces the older, bigger shuffle that bounces everywhere when I work out.) Turns out all iPods can be put into manual mode EXCEPT THE SHUFFLE. HAHAHAHAHA. Good one, guys. But I did eventually figure out how to use my shuffle & the music is being tranferred successfully.
I'm not sure about the pictures though. Remember, the CD-RW drive is broken on the old computer, so I can't just burn discs. I do like a challenge. I uploaded pictures to ofoto.com, but when I save them from ofoto to the new computer, the pictures are not as clear. Any suggestions?
About the only other things that need transferred are documents in Word & Excel. This kind of cracked me up...our new computer DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A DRIVE for those little floppy disks we used to use to transfer documents from one computer to another. Andrew & I were laughing about how fast stuff changes. We graduated from college barely 10 years ago & then NO ONE used laptops in class. We all had spiral notebooks and pens and highlighters. Wow. It amazes me how much more computers continue to be able to do & how much smaller the machines are. So anyways, that's the excitement around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment