- Max outgrew his convertible carseat. Or, more accurately, I noticed that he's outgrown his carseat. He's OK on weight, but he's 2 inches too tall! So after spending some time researching on-line (seriously, how did we ever buy anything before we could research things on-line?), he's got a new big-boy carseat that should be his last. After he outgrows the carseat component, it converts to a high-back booster & then to a backless booster. I think there are some small adults that should be riding in his carseat.
- The boys are discovering the joys of neighbor kids with this nice weather. At least the nice weather earlier this week; it's turned on us today. Our backyards have fences that are only waist-high, so they can clearly see all of the other kids in their backyards. Anyways, the boys came in asking "can we go play in the neighbors' backyard?" And then I watched them out the kitchen window, playing with the neighbor kids. I don't know why this seems so big boy, but it's the kids making the play arrangements, not the grown-ups setting up a playdate. And, while adults were watching out the windows, there wasn't a grown-up just sitting out there with them. And then I heard them picking teams for some game (one of the neighbor boys is in 1st grade, so he was directing this part). Yes, PICKING TEAMS, such an emotionally fraught part of childhood...what if I get picked last; cool, I got picked first; OK, I wasn't first, but I wasn't last...such big boys!
- Max has his first soccer game this weekend! I got his little pee-wee shin-guards - so cute! Most of his team-mates are in his playgroup. I look forward to bunch-ball.
Oh my gosh, just too much for a mama sometimes!
No comments:
Post a Comment