Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This and that

We had several little get togethers this weekend. Friday, we got together with our Married With Children group from church for a BBQ. The other ladies and I surprised Sarah with a baby shower. Since Phoebe Alyssa will be their second girl, we gave them frozen meals and a diaper cake. (For the uninitiated, the cake is made up of little rolled up diapers and other baby stuff like pacifiers, onesies, socks, diaper cream, etc.)All of us contributed supplies for the diaper cake and Audra and I had an artsy-craftsy afternoon last week putting it together.

We welcomed the rain all weekend. Well, kind of. It was a nice break from the heat and we definitely needed the moisture, but it was a lot of rain! And it kicks up my allergies...stuffy nose and itchy eyes...yuck! Luckily, we live somewhere where this weather is the exception. We got a total of 6 inches!! We took an "official" measurement in the kiddie pool after the rain stopped since it was empty before it started raining. One of our friends had water flooding into their basement so we ran them over the shop-vac to help. Fortunately, we had no water damage ourselves, just a lovely green lawn and happy plants.

Saturday, the boys stayed overnight at the farm while Andrew and I went out to dinner and a movie. I love that the boys and their grandparents (and aunts and uncles since Becca and Jordan are still at the farm) get to spend time together when Andrew and I aren't around. I think it's good for all parties involved. And we enjoy our one-on-one time together too. :) Recommended flick: The Dark Knight.

Sunday, our good friends the Briggs came over for dinner. The Briggs made the move from Utah to Littleton last month and it was the first time we'd gotten together since then. It was fun to catch up and the kids had a blast playing together again.

No comments: