Friday, August 29, 2008

Yes. We. Can.

I was lucky enough to attend Barack Obama's acceptance speech last night. What a moment in history! I don't know how to even describe such an exciting evening...it was fantastic!
I knew that getting into an event with such national security implications would be an exercise in patience, but it was beyond anything I anticipated. We (Mom, Becca, Jordan and I) left my house about 12:45 and we finally got into the stadium about 7:00. Unbelievable! I won't bore you with the details of the hours and hours of serpentine lines through parking lots, but just imagine a single-file line of about 70,000 people. As my mom said, yesterday's line will be the standard that we judge all lines against for the rest of our lives. Anyways, it was totally worth it!

One of the several parking lots that we serpentined through: Not exactly a celebrity on my "must see" list, but oh well: The view from the nosebleeds. A slightly larger venue than the parking lot in Park City that we shook Obama's hand in last August.Just awesome!

3 comments:

Whitney Duvall said...

I know it must have been amazing because it was great watching it on TV. Im so glad you guys got to go....what a memory!

Harried Mom said...

I wish I had been there with you! Amazing I am sure. Brian and I also enjoyed watching the event on TV, we are definitely all in for a wild ride over the next couple of months. I'd also like to add that Brian and I LOVE The Reverend Al and that in itself makes a jealous of your sojourn!

Anonymous said...

I am so pumped for Obama! What an amazing night that was!