Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Recap

All right, so I know it's already Wednesday, but here's a catch-up starting with last weekend.

I called Mom on Saturday to see if she and Dad wanted to get together for dinner either Saturday or Sunday night, and by the way, they changed the schedule and Max's little choir wasn't singing in church this weekend after all. Mom said, "Well, since Max doesn't have to be at church tomorrow, how about Dad and I come over tonight for dinner, then take the boys home to spend the night at our house and we'll bring them back Sunday after their naps?"

Done.

So Andrew and I had an unexpected kid-free night. We went out to the Celtic Pub here in Parker just because we could and had a beer together. Andrew and I are so fancy that he wore his Wyoming sweatshirt to the pub and on the way in a guy goes "Go Pokes." This stopped us in our tracks since we'd stopped following the Pokes this season after several games posting a big fat doughnut against various teams. Well, the Pokes actually beat Tennessee this weekend! As in the University of Tennessee in Knoxville for their homecoming game! According to ESPN, the Pokes are 3-1 against SEC teams. Weird. Cool but weird.

So after a beer at the pub, we headed home at the late, late hour of 8:15 with Get Smart in hand, which was a pretty funny movie. Sunday morning we slept until the unheard of hour of 9:30 and then just putsed around, reading the paper, driving around looking at houses with land in Parker (one day...after we sell Utah). We tried a new restaurant, Taste of Philly, for lunch and it was delicious!

A lovely weekend (save for Cedar's body not agreeing with the salsa that he slurped on Thursday, but after fasting him for 24 hours and then just feeding him rice, he is corked up again, thank you very much) and nothing much out of the ordinary this week...just getting ready for birthday season at our house.

Random thing that's cracking me up: Max has taken to calling dry skin "chicken skin." In the mornings after I rub Vaseline on his hands at bedtime, he wakes up and goes, "Mom, my chicken skin is all gone!"

Gotta run...Max has choir practice and then we have "night church" tonight.

3 comments:

Whitney Duvall said...

Love the new background! Glad you guys got a chance to have a little adult time. Grandparents are a good thing!

Becca and Jordan Duvall said...

I love that Max sings in church choir - there are few things I find cuter than kiddos singing their hearts out:)

Anonymous said...

And sing his heart out he does!