I have to say though, the weather has been mid- to upper-seventies this week, so some of my grinch-ness was lessened after taking the boys (and Cedar) trick-or-treating because it was an undeniably nice evening and a walk always makes me feel good. And here they are in their familiar but still cute train costumes:
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Yeah November!
I confess, I am a Halloween grinch. There doesn't seem to be a point to this holiday other than sugaring kids up so they are maniacs bouncing off the wall and driving adults crazy with incessant whining for more candy. Dressing up in costumes doesn't really appeal to me. It seems to be the only holiday that you sort of expect vandalism, whether in the form of smashed pumpkins or, this year, stealing political signs (a lot of Obama yard signs are mysteriously missing this morning in our neighborhood). And it doesn't really honor anything particularly patriotic or religious (all hallow's eve?). It is also the opening of Lawn Trash Season. Apparently 2 weeks ago was the opening of the season, because our neighbor's lawn devolved into this.
Next up will be turkeys and then Christmas lawn trash galore.
I have to say though, the weather has been mid- to upper-seventies this week, so some of my grinch-ness was lessened after taking the boys (and Cedar) trick-or-treating because it was an undeniably nice evening and a walk always makes me feel good. And here they are in their familiar but still cute train costumes:
I have to say though, the weather has been mid- to upper-seventies this week, so some of my grinch-ness was lessened after taking the boys (and Cedar) trick-or-treating because it was an undeniably nice evening and a walk always makes me feel good. And here they are in their familiar but still cute train costumes:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment