And my other recommendation:
I checked the book out from the library to preview it and decide if it's worth purchasing. I ran out of sticky-notes for all of the recipes I want to try. So far, I've liked everything I've tried: sauerbraten, cheesy italian tortellini, and we'll see how the caramelized onion pot roast goes over tonight. Mmmm!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Yes, I enjoy the food
Christmas came a little early today. Andrew OK'd me busting out the crockpot from him, Max & Ben. Behold:
Today I am cooking a roast and needed the extra room in the 6 qt. crock pot so the roast could cook horizontally instead of vertically in my old 4 qt. cooker. I first saw this crockpot advertised on the Food Network (told ya, I like the food). It's the Hamilton Beach Stay or Go, loaded with cool features, such as a rubber seal around the lid, little latches on the side that clamp the lid on securely, extra large carrying handles, and the handy little spoon rest on top. So now you can take it to whatever gathering you may have to go to without worrying about slopping your food all over the car on the way. Awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love crockpots and that one looks really nice!
Can Jordan and I come over for din? That all sounds so good, my mouth is watering!
Hey Team Shier! I was surprised to see your comment on our blog. I don't check it very much. Actually my mom called 'em "Quakies", and until today, I didn't realize that was different! The boys are growing up, and I loved the comment Max made when he said you were a good teacher. It makes all the turmoil worthwhile. And...Ben and the 2 hours to eat until he said "please." I SO understand, and I am SO tired of playing the referee, bad cop, and manners coach for my three little turkeys. Exhausting!!! See you!!
Post a Comment