Sunday, December 07, 2008

Gingerbread houses

Here are some pics from yesterday when Grandma Jill came by to make gingerbread houses with the boys. (Why do I keep typing "gingerbreak" instead of "gingerbread"? Annoying.) Both boys, but especially Ben, were big fans of the unfettered access to candy and frosting. In fact, as I typed this post, we have put Ben in time-out twice and hid his gingerbread house because he CANNOT leave it alone.
This morning I filled in for the 3-year-old Sunday school class. I had Maiya, McKenna, Mira, Max (because he wanted to stay with his mama), and Ben, my only non-M. Try running down that roster 5 times quickly. Almost every parent dropped off his/her child with a nervous smile, saying "She's in her big girl undies today. She should be fine." Ahhh, outings with newly potty-trained kids, such a leap of faith. And, for the record, everyone did just fine.

On the drive home, Max said, "You know mama?"

"What buddy?"

"You know, you're pretty good at that teaching."

"Gee thanks, little buddy."

2 comments:

Whitney Duvall said...

Funny you said that about Ben....Becca and I made a bet that no candy would end up on Ben's gingerbread house! Counting down the days until we get to spent time with you guys!

Harried Mom said...

First, the gingerbread houses actually look really cool and I can understand Ben's candy fascination I have a sweet tooth too! As to the church and potty training, that is impressive that there weren't any accidents. We are getting nowhere with Riley. I keep trying to chalk it up to all the turmoil of the past few months, maybe after the new year.